Friday, November 1, 2013

Give thanks …


Give thanks -    30 days of  thankfulness...
Thanksgiving has been my favorite holiday for years.   Thanksgiving includes family, often extended family.  It also involves food  with which I have always had a love affair.  Most importantly, it involves pausing and thinking on our blessings.  One cannot be thankful without feeling the need to thank someone for that which one is thankful.  And so for my first day of giving thanks, I am most thankful that I was first imagined and then created by God. 
         "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart;"
                                                                                                                                   Jeremiah 1: 5

 Before I knew Him, He desired my existence.  Wow!  That is an overwhelming thought.  He, the Creator of the universe, dreamed me up and placed me in His world in His perfect timing for my life.
 "From one man He made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and He marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands."        Acts 17: 26



And He promised me a future and a hope and abundant life as I live in my Savior!  And so I am thankful and very blessed.

What are you thankful for during this month of Thanksgiving?   Please feel free to join me in counting our blessings either in the comment section or on facebook.


Pressing on in Him,

Lisa 

                           
 
Fall Scene Graphic by Michelle Collins
 
                              






 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment