Saturday, November 9, 2013

Give Thanks... day 9

Give thanks -    30 days of  gratitude...
One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.  Proverbs 18: 24

I am blessed in my life with friends who are like sisters to me.  We refer to each other as sister friends; I truly am closer to them than I am my siblings.   I know they are always there for me in times of need, sorrow, and joy.   We all lead very busy, full lives as working moms, aunts, grandmothers, career women.  But we work at disciplining ourselves to make a niche dedicated to the nurturing of our relationships, both individually one with the other and as a small community.  We enjoy breakfast, lunch, dinner, a sweet tea/soda pop break, whatever we can fit into our busy schedules.  We encourage one another, laugh riotously with one another, and console one another through tears and sorrow. 

I truly cannot adequately express the appreciation I have for these women, my closest friends, sisters of my heart.  I thank God for them continually.  I love you sisters!


No comments:

Post a Comment